Woodstock: The 40th Anniversary Tribute and Re-Creation
Saturday Aug 15 2:00PM
Add to Calendar
WE ARE SOLD OUT... Thanks for your Love & Support ~ Peace
Scroll down for guidelines on where to park
Tickets were the same price of the original Woodstock Festival: $18 advance, $24 at the gate
The Woodstock Music and Arts Festival, probably the most famous and important music and cultural event of the 20th century, began on August 15, 1969. 40 years later WMNF re-creates the festival with more than 20 of the best Tampa Bay bands each playing the highlights of the set of one of the Woodstock bands.
Bands will play in the same order they played back in 1969...
2:00-2:20 Acho Brother, as Richie Havens
2:30-2:40 Ted Lukas and the Misled, as Arlo Guthrie
2:50-3:05 Liz Hollister, as Joan Baez
3:10-3:15 Ronny Elliott, as Country Joe MacDonald
3:20-3:30 Rob Aptheker, as John Sebastian
3:40-4:00 Point 6, as Santana
4:10 -4:25 Captain Obvious, as Mountain
4:35-4:55 Jessica Atkinson, as Janis Joplin
5:05-5:25 Uncle John's Band, as The Grateful Dead
5:35-5:55 Talk To Mark, as Creedence Clearwater Revival
6:05-6:25 Four Star Riot, as Sly and the Family Stone
6:35-6:55 The Beauvilles, as The Who
7:05-7:25 Big Wiggler, as Jefferson Airplane
7:35-7:50 Scott Elliott, as Joe Cocker, with Talk To Mark as The Grease Band
8:00-8:20 Johnny G. Lyon Band, as Ten Years After
8:30-8:50 Thomas Wynn and the Believers, as The Band
9:00-9:20 Blue Dice, as Blood Sweat and Tears
9:30-9:50 Sarasota Slim, as Johnny Winter
10:00-10:20 The Ditchflowers, as Crosby Stills Nash and Young
10:30-10:50 Juke Joint Kings, as Paul Butterfield Blues Band
11:00-11:20 Vodkanauts, as ShaNaNa
11:30-11:50Soul2Earth, as Jimi Hendrix
Midnight: Finale -The Ditchflowers and others
The only major change is that ABLE-BODY strip mall at the corner of Nebraska and Skippers which used to be a good place to park, is now a TOW ZONE - the whole lot.
WHERE YOU SHOULD NOT PARK:
1) RAILROAD TRACKS. Parking within 20 feet of them in any direction will bring a cop and/or a fine. DO NOT PARK ON OR NEAR RAILROAD TRACKS.
2) ON THE GRASS IN FRONT OF THE VILLAGE TRAILER PARK. Southeast of the railroad tracks, across from Amvets. Formerly a legal tow-zone, it's now an aggressively enforced municipal no-parking zone. DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE WHITE FENCE.
3) ABLEBODY STRIP MALL. Paved lot directly to the west of Skipper's on the northeast corner of Skipper Rd & Nebraska Ave. While it has been approved parking for the past 28 years, it is no longer. It is now a tow-zone and legally labelled as such. DO NOT PARK IN ABLE BODY'S LOT.
4) CIRCLE K. Directly to the south of Skipper's. DO NOT PARK IN CIRCLE K'S LOT.
5) DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF SKIPPER'S OWN BARRICADES OR TRAFFIC CONES. We put them there for a reason.
6) DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF SKIPPER'S DUMPSTERS.
7)DO NOT PARK IN THE BAND LOAD-IN ZONE/WHEELCHAIR ACCESS RAMP.
8)DO NOT BLOCK THE MAIN SKIPPER'S ENTRANCE IN FRONT OR THE FIRE EXIT AROUND BACK.
WHERE YOU SHOULD PARK:
1) There's many unused parking spots as you continue north and south of Skipper Rd along Nebraska Ave. Just use common sense, look for "tow zone" signs and be respectful of private property and businesses' hours of operation. Excessive trash/noise/damage will reflect badly on WMNF and Skipper's, resulting in less parking options in the future.
2) Mr Pool allows Skipper's parking after 5PM. Directly south across Skipper Road. Free. 3) Amvets allows Skipper's parking. Just east of Skipper's, north side of Skipper Road. $5, which goes to local charity.
4) Friedel Plaza allows Skipper's parking. North of Skipper's along Nebraska Ave. $5 5) Small office complex directly across Nebraska from AbleBody allows Skipper's parking. Free
6) Running Great Automotive/Car Wash (same property, on Nebraska Ave., just south of Circle K allows Skipper's parking. Free.
Directions from North - I-275 to Bearss exit, then left one block to Nebraska. Go right on Nebraska for 1/4 mile to Skipper Road. Turn left and then left into parking lot.
Directions from South or East - I-275 N to Fletcher exit, then right one block to Nebraska. Go left on Nebraska to Skipper Road. Turn right and then left into parking lot.