Boy suspected of planning Freedom High bombing will be tried as an adult
listen

09/01/11 wire services
WMNF Drive-Time News Thursday | Listen to this entire show:

Large_2647
Medium


Freedom High Principle Chris Farkas and Major John Newman of the Tampa Police Department recieved commendations from Tampa City Council in honor of their efforts in the bombing attempt by Jared Cano.


photo by Janelle Irwin

The Hillsborough County State Attorney says the 17-year-old who planned to blow up Freedom High School will be tried as an adult. Jared Cano was arrested earlier this month after police found what they say are bomb-making materials and a “manifesto” outlining Cano’s plans at his home. Today, Tampa City Council recognized the officers and members of the bomb squad involved in the investigation. Council Member Lisa Montelione issued the commendation.

Tampa police chief Jane Castor said the alleged bombing plot was planned minute by minute with the intent of causing more casualties than the 1999 Columbine High School massacre, which resulted in 13 deaths.

comments powered by Disqus