The first thing is – be safe! There is flooding throughout WMNF’s listening area. High tide in St. Pete is this afternoon at 4:49pm, and in Tampa at 4:56pm, so expect that could add water to areas near the shores (or at least prevent water from draining away).
The Pasco County Sheriff’s department has asked for everyone to get off the roads by 3pm.
Tampa Police Department is posting road closures here.
Hillsborough residents can call the Emergency Operations Center at 813-272-6900 to report issues or for more info.
Pinellas County road closures are here.
There are flood warnings that will remain in place until Tuesday.
Rain is forecast for the next few days. Can we send some of this rain to California or the Virgin Islands?
A list of closures from the Bay News 9 website:
- The Pinellas County Supervisor of Elections Office has closed for the day
- Gulf View Square Mall in Port Richey has closed because of extreme flooding
- Busch Gardens will NOT open today
- Tampa Bay Downs will be closed for business today
- Lowry Park Zoo
- Hillsborough Community College (Brandon/Dale Mabry Hwy.)
- Due to weather & driving conditions, today’s open viewing of TB Bucs practice has been canceled. Next open practice: Tuesday.
- Tampa Museum of Art will be closed on August 3. Weather permitting, will re-open on August 4
- Keiser University’s New Port Richey campus is cancelling day and evening classes for Monday, August 3, 2015. Students, staff, and faculty should log on to the website at www.keiseruniversity.edu or call the emergency hotline at 1-877-353-4737 for further updates.
- Tampa Bay Ballet closed due to the extreme flooding of the streets and the surrounding areas
- Genesis Preparatory School in Pasco County is closed today
- Tonight’s meeting with the Gen Chuck Yeager Cadet Squadron (Civil Air Patrol) has been cancelled. Rescheduled for next Monday at 7 p.m. at the Limona Village Chapel – UM Church in Brandon
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay has closed all branch locations in Hillsborough and Pasco Counties, in response to rains and flooding. Club locations will remain closed until an all-clear signal is given. Normal operations will only resume in undamaged locations. Updated information may be found at www.bgctampa.org or by calling branch locations or 813-875-5771
- Due to weather conditions, the VA clinic in New Port Richey closed at 2 p.m. today. It will reopen at 10 a.m. tomorrow.
We will continue to update this information as it comes in.
Photo by Todd Bates~more great photos at toddbatescreative.com