WMNF 88.5 FM non-profit community radio station seeks a General Manager to lead, oversee, and plan all operations and foster community relations. Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline July 14th, 2019. EOE.
Full job description below.
FULL TIME – EXEMPT POSITION
SUPERVISOR – Board of Directors
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – Oversees several leaders on staff normally including Director, Finance & Administration; Program Director; Director, News & Public Affairs; Operations Manager; Director, Development; Community Relations Manager;
WMNF is a listener-supported community radio station that celebrates cultural diversity and is committed to equality, peace, and economic justice. WMNF provides broadcasts and other forums, with a grassroots local emphasis, that promote creative, musical, and political vitality.
The General Manager is responsible for the overall leadership, including of staff and volunteers, management, and significant fundraising for the station, ensuring all activities are in accordance with the station’s Mission as well as its Vision and Values. Working with the Board of Directors, the General Manager provides strategic leadership in developing and implementing the station’s Long Range Plan, and provides regular reports to the Board of Directors on the status of the station. The General Manager serves as the ambassador of WMNF to the community.
- Ensures that all the station’s policies and procedures are followed, including planning, evaluation, complaints, grievance procedures, and maintenance of station files.
- Ensures compliance with regulations, guidelines, and standards of the FCC, CPB, IRS, and other appropriate licensing and qualifying organizations.
- Supervises staff and volunteers to ensure compliance with grants requirements.
- Leads management team in development of disaster preparedness and recovery plan.
- Oversees all fundraising activities including on-air, outreach, and public events.
- Cultivates relationships with local municipalities, community organizations, businesses and individuals to maximize fundraising resources and expand WMNF’s presence in the West-Central Florida region.
- Collaborates with Development Director, on development planning, grant writing and reporting, donor cultivation and recognition.
- Cultivates potential donors, and leads the station’s efforts to solicit both restricted and non-restricted grants from individual, corporate and foundation sources.
- Develops and leads capital campaign(s) as needed.
- Actively participates in the community and speaks publicly on behalf of WMNF and serves as official station representative.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, attends all meetings of and takes primary responsibility for the Community Advisory Board
- Oversees the execution of a coordinated communications plan
- Oversees WMNF’s digital presence.
- Provides volunteers and membership community with regular updates via website or other means.
- Conducts ongoing target audience and market research, develops and implements effective strategies for the retention and growth of WMNF’s currency and relevancy to the community.
- Actively engages with all present, future & past volunteers at the station and at special events.
- Regularly participates in all-station meetings and in Volunteer Committee meetings as needed.
- Facilitates and manages positive staff-volunteer working relationships
- Utilizes the talents and connections within the volunteer community for station projects.
- Ensures all Volunteer Engagement activities are grounded on the station’s Style Statement
- In cooperation with the Director of Finance & Administration, leads staff in preparing an annual budget, and presents it to the Finance and Audit Committee and the Board of Directors for approval.
- Regularly monitors the Station’s operations activities to ensure compliance with annual budget(s).
- Collaborates with the Director of Finance & Administration in effecting procedures to ensure the ongoing financial health of the station.
- In cooperation with the Director of Finance & Administration, stay abreast of and ensure compliance with all applicable financial regulations and accounting principles for not-for-profit corporations
- Develops and maintains positive, effective staff relations
- In cooperation with the Director of Finance & Administration, takes responsibility for hiring, development, evaluation, and termination of staff personnel according to station policies and procedures.
- Facilitates staff participation in planning and executing station priorities.
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Directors on staffing levels and responsibilities.
- Maintains regular and open communication with staff and a collaborative environment amongst staff and volunteers
- Ensures all Staff Management activities are grounded on the station’s Style Statement
Broadcast Programming and Training
- Consults regularly with Program Director, News and Public Affairs Director, and Volunteer Coordinator to ensure the design and implementation of programming that builds and sustains an audience.
- Ensures broadcast and operations training is conducted on a regular basis.
- Maintains appropriate systems to ensure the highest level of professional mission-centered programming
- Oversees technical staff and technical priorities.
- In concert with the technical staff, provides information and makes recommendations to the Board on future technical and equipment requirements.
- High-quality leadership skills with the ability to work cooperatively with a wide range of individuals and community organizations.
- Commitment to progressive and social justice ideas and organizations.
- Understanding of financial management, including preparation and oversight of budgets.
- Ability and experience in managing and coordinating staff and a large volunteer community
- Ability to resolve problems and conflicts effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in office productivity software.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, administration, or business preferred.
- Prior experience in broadcast media preferred.
- Ability and experience in fundraising and building community support and engagement.
- 5 years’ experience in a not-for-profit management environment required.
- Experience managing a volunteer-driven not-for-profit preferred.
Benefits included are employer-paid health and dental insurance, vacation, sick, holiday pay and 403b plan.
Send a cover letter and resumes to email@example.com Deadline July 14th, 2019