TITLE: Senior Reporter/Anchor/Producer
Supervisor: News & Public Affairs Director
Salary Range: $39,520 – $51,376 Full-time – Nonexempt
Provide quality local, national, and international news in accordance with WMNF style and format. Listed below are the responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Write, edit and produce stories for WMNF newscasts.
- Perform local reporting and field production of 5 original stories per week, on tight deadlines, to be broadcast on WMNF and shared with our network affiliates.
- Assist with the production/hosting of WMNF public affairs shows.
- Anchor newscasts as assigned by News and Public Affairs Director.
- Develop news story ideas and coordinate coverage of local events and stories with the News and Public Affairs Director.
- Maintain fairness, accuracy and high ethical standards
- Perform Assistant/News Director functions when necessary.
- Gather sound and communicate with a variety of sources.
- Participate in on-air fundraising during WMNF Membership Drives
- Assist with station events as requested.
- Assist in the training and supervision of news volunteers.
- Report problems to supervisor.
- Updates of the WMNF news website to keep the site fresh; includes communicating with News Director & Engagement Producer for web updates.
DEMONSTRATED SKILL IN AT LEAST SIX OF THESE ARE REQUIRED
- Proven record of reporting skill.
- Excellent writing and editing ability
- Good computer skills
- Good live on-air presentation
- Ability to work on a deadline and at varying hours
- Ability to edit sound files digitally.
- Work well as part of a team
- Ability to research independently
- Photography, video, editing software, web, and social media competence.
- B.A. with Liberal Arts background or equivalent
- Minimum one year experience in radio/print journalism
- Knowledge of broadcast production and field recording equipment.
- Good broadcast voice, demonstrated announcing and writing skills
- Familiar with current copyright regulations
- Must have a working vehicle, valid driver’s license, and minimum amount of vehicle insurance required by the state.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Understanding of FCC Rules and Regulations regarding broadcast
- Dedication to public media, quality journalism, and the WMNF mission
Benefits included are employer paid health/dental insurance, vacation/sick/holiday pay and 403b.
Please submit all resumes to [email protected] by 5:00 p.m. Friday 10/15/21