FULL TIME –NON-EXEMPT
TITLE: Senior Reporter/Producer
Supervisor: Assistant News Director
Provide quality local, national, and international news in accordance with WMNF style and format. Listed below are the responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Write, edit and produce stories for WMNF newscasts.
- Perform local reporting and field production of 3-5 original stories per week, on tight deadlines, to be broadcast on WMNF and shared with our network affiliates.
- Assist with the production/hosting of WMNF public affairs shows.
- Anchor newscasts as assigned by News and Public Affairs Director.
- Develop news story ideas and coordinate coverage of local events and stories with the News and Public Affairs Director and the Assistant News and Public Affairs Director.
- Maintain fairness, accuracy and high ethical standards
- Perform Assistant/News Director functions when necessary.
- Gather sound and communicate with a variety of sources.
- Participate in on-air fundraising during WMNF Membership Drives
- Assist with station events as requested.
- Assist in the training and supervision of news volunteers.
- Report problems to supervisor.
- Updates of the WMNF news website to keep the site fresh; includes communicating with Digital Media Coordinator for updates of the web site.
DEMONSTRATED SKILL IN AT LEAST SIX OF THESE ARE REQUIRED
- Proven record of reporting skill.
- Excellent writing and editing ability
- Good computer skills
- Good live on-air presentation
- Ability to work on a deadline and at varying hours
- Ability to edit sound files digitally.
- Work well as part of a team
- Ability to research independently
- Photography, video, editing software, web, and social media competence.
- B.A. with Liberal Arts background or equivalent
- Minimum one year experience in radio/print journalism
- Knowledge of broadcast production and field recording equipment.
- Good broadcast voice, demonstrated announcing and writing skills
- Familiar with current copyright regulations
- Must have a working vehicle, valid driver’s license, and minimum amount of vehicle insurance required by the state.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Understanding of FCC Rules and Regulations regarding broadcast
- Dedication to public media, quality journalism, and the WMNF mission
Benefits included are employer-paid health/dental insurance, vacation/sick/holiday pay and 403b.
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. Friday 4/3/20