The Saturday Night House Party
A funkafied trip back to the music of yesterday with DJ CenFlo.
On the radio, DJ Cen-Flo presents a vast array of uptempo Old School music. His knowledge of what was popular on radio and in clubs back in the day along with his enormous library of music makes for entertaining show of new music weekly. A popular segment of his show is the “Shout -out” segment, where listeners are afforded the opportunity to communicate to friends and/or loved ones.
Modeling his style after Detroit funk DJ, The Electrifying Mojo, Cen-Flo’s show will strike up memories and never stop your feet from moving.
Thank You Gifts available from The Saturday Night House Party
40 Years RadioActive T-Shirt
On September 14th, WMNF will be celebrating 40 years of local, independent radio. Celebrate this anniversary by supporting 88.5 and getting a “40 Years RadioActive” T-shirt. Purchase for $88.50, or even better, join our Circle of Friends and buy it for $7.37 a month. Both in men’s and women’s style. The women’s shirt is a V neck.
70’s PURE FUNK CD – 20 SONGS! $80 Pledge ONE AVAILABLE!
1: Brick House by Commodores
2: Pick Up The Pieces by Average White Band
3: Shining Star by Earth Wind & Fire
4: Jungle Boogie by Kool and The Gang
5: Lady Marmalade by Patti LaBelle
6: Mr. Big Stuff by Jean Knight
7: Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas
8: Car Wash by Rose Royce
9: Tell Me Something Good by Rufus
10: Superfly by Curtis Mayfield
11: Theme From Shaft by Isaac Hayes
12: Fire by Ohio Players
13: Flash Light by Parliament
14: Every Time I Turn Around by L.T.D.
15: Good Times by Chic
16: Forget Me Nots by Patrice Rushen
17: Word Up! by Cameo
18: Early In The Morning by The Gap Band
19: Don’t Stop The Music by Yarbrough & Peoples
20: Super Freak by Rick James
$80.00Add to bag
CLASSIC 70’s SOUL HITS CD Set – THREE CDs – 40 SONGS! $100 Pledge ONE AVAILABLE!
1. Lean on Me – Bill Withers
2. Kiss and Say Goodbye – The Manhattans
3. Love Train – The O’Jays
4. Am I Black Enough for You? – Billy Paul
5. That Lady – The Isley Brothers
6. Your Love – Marilyn McCoo
7. Best of My Love – The Emotions
8. You Ought to Be Havin’ Fun – Tower Of Power
9. Got to Be Real – Cheryl Lynn
10. Disco Lady – Johnnie Taylor
11. I’ll Always Love My Mama – The Intruders
12. What Can I Do For You? – LaBelle
13. T.S.O.P. (The Sound of Philadelphia) – MFSB feat. The Three Degrees
1. Sing a Song – Earth, Wind & Fire
2. If You Don’t Know Me By Now – Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
3. Don’t Take Your Love – The Manhattans
4. Do It Any Way You Wanna – People’s Choice
5. When Will I See You Again – The Three Degrees
6. Me and Mrs. Jones – Billy Paul
7. Too Much, Too Little, Too Late – Johnny Mathis with Deniece Williams
8. You Don’t Have to Be a Star (To Be In My Show) – Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr.
9. Dazz – Brick
10. Play That Funky Music – Wild Cherry
11. Ain’t Gonna Bump No More (With No Big Fat Woman) – Joe Tex
12. Shout It Out – B.T. Express
13. Yu-Ma/Go Away Little Boy – Marlena Shaw
1. Boogie Nights – Heatwave
2. Lady Marmalade – Labelle feat. Patti LaBelle
3. In the Mood – Tyrone Davis
4. What a Diff’rence a Day Makes – Esther Phillips
5. Love Brought Me Back – D.J. Rogers
6. Love Is So Good When You’re Stealing It – Z.Z. Hill
7. Free – Deniece Williams
8. Midnight Train to Georgia – Gladys Knight & The Pips
9. You Are My Friend – Patti LaBelle
10. Say You Love Me – Patti Austin
11. Reach For It – George Duke
12. Where Do We Go from Here? – The Trammps
13. Pictures and Memories – Marlena Shaw
14. Farther On Down the Road – Joe Simon
$100.00Add to bag
Saturday Night House Party Guest Host
Guest hosts choose the music and the dj will run the board. Music must be within the genre of the show. The Guest Host can bring in their own music, and/or use the fantastic WMNF music library.
Great unique gift for someone or your own sweet self.
$300.00Add to bag
These are exclusive gifts of The Saturday Night House Party, more Thank You gifts available
Songwriter and radio show host DJ Cen-Flo was born on July 6, 1962, in Detroit, Michigan. Cen-Flo pulsating beats, energy and informative show made him a force at WMNF. par
From an early age, Cen-Flo had made music his life. The child of parents who were music fans who owned a lot of records, Cen-Flo spent the majority of his childhood listening to and studying his parents music. Never one to shy away from performing in the spotlight Cen-Flo was popular at family gatherings and school programs as a dancer. With James Brown as the one artist he emmulated most.
Cen-Flo has always possess the magic of knowing what to play and when to play it. Known as the ultimate "party starter" Cen-Flo brings that magic to his show.
Upon graduating high school in 1980 Cen-Flo enlisted into the United States Air Force. It was there he gained his reprutation as a party pumping house party DJ. In 1985 he transitioned his talents to radio when he became the host of his own show on WAFB radio at Wurtsmith Air Force Base, Oscoda, Michigan. The popularity of his show won him acculades from base brass and resulted in an invitation to join Armed Forces Network. An invitation he regretfully declinded.
In 1985 Cen-Flo discovered other musical talents; songwriting and rapping. Performing under the name MC Chill Lee, he performed at various venues throughout Central Florida while assigned to Sunshine Records out of Temple Terrace, Florida.
In September 2007, Cen-Flo became a member of the WMNF family and started The House Party and never slowed down. The popularity of his show and personality resulted in him receiving the 2013 Outstanding Programmer of the Year.