On Today’s Radioactivity we look back in history to the founding of Tampa. Rodney Kite-Powell, Director of the Tampa Bay History Center’s Touchton Map Library, joins us to talk about the military outpost that preceded the city, Fort Brooke, that was located in what is now Downtown Tampa. Established in 1824 along the mouth of Hillsborough River, the fort was built so that the US government could keep an eye on local seminole Indians. 1980, construction workers in downtown discovered the remains of over 100 U.S. soldiers and seminoles. The Tampa Bay History Center will be opening a new exhibit on Fort Brooke called Re-Placing Fort Brooke on Saturday. Feb. 20.