Supervisor: Chief of Technical Operations
Employment Status: Part-Time (20 hrs weekly)
Position Type: Non-exempt
Positions Supervised: None
Operations Assistant will report to the Chief of Technical Operations
The successful operation of WMNF’s physical plant and its assets are based on efficiency, training, and communication with staff and volunteers regarding the technology used to broadcast. To ensure WMNF stays relevant in a crowded radio market and continues to broadcast daily content maintenance of the broadcast equipment is required.
- Assisting in the production and recording of the station’s PSAs & promos.
- Maintaining & monitoring the station’s Audio Vault playback system, importing, renaming, and deleting outdated audio files.
- Maintaining & monitoring the station’s DJ Computers, this includes a daily reboot to ensure maximum performance.
- Traffic. Collecting & monitoring the station’s Operator logs, track & generate a report of programmers failing to sign off logs after performing their air shift (an FCC requirement).
- Monitor and manage a daily cleaning schedule of the station’s CD Players including but not limited to removing jammed CDs.
- Maintaining & monitoring the station’s PPE levels, replenishing supplies in air and production studios.
- Maintaining & station’s computer monitors including but not limited to rebooting, replacing and cleaning all computer monitors.
- Maintaining & monitoring the station’s inventory list, including but not limited to tagging, testing, and purging, generating old outdated equipment. Generation a report for Ops and Engineering to approve.
- Monitoring the station’s HD channels to assure they are properly running and broadcasting the correct program schedule. Report abnormality to engineering and ops managers.
- Assists in the implementation of our upgraded recording studio capabilities.
- Assisting in operations of the station’s podcast studios and studio rentals.
- Assist in live and taped remotes broadcast.
- Support volunteer programmers with additional training and hands-on instructions.
Associates or technical degree in recording and broadcasting field: or the equivalent experience
At least 3 years detail-oriented, fast pace work, preferably broadcasting or scheduling related.
Experience and good working knowledge of programming automation, and digital systems.
Salary range $19.00 to $24.70 per hour
This position is Monday – Friday 9:00a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Vacation, sick time benefits and 403b. No health and dental insurance.
To apply send resume to [email protected] deadline is Friday, March 18th 5:00 p.m.