Parents speak up for Legislation that they say would have saved their son03/27/07 Mitch E. Perry
WMNF Drive-Time News Tuesday | Listen to this entire show:
This morning in a Senate Committee on Regulated Industries, testimony was taken on Senate Bill 1840, sponsored by Bay Area Legislator Charlie Justice.
The bill would require require installation of carbon monoxide detectors in public lodging establishments
Upon those testifying this morning was Richard Lueders. He was vacationing last Christmas at the Doubletree Grand Key Resort i n Key West, with his son Tom, when something tragic happened. (roll tape#1 o.q.”carbon monoxide detectors”)That’s Massachusetts resident Richard Lueders. Lueders and his wife Beth Thomas were in Tallahassee this morning, testifying in support of Senate Bill 1840, sponsored by Bay area Democrat Charlie Justice. Justice’s bill is one of 4 being considered in the legislature Mandating Carbon Monoxide Detectors in public lodging establishments. Also scheduled to testify support of it today was Bill Newton,of the Tampa based Florida Consumer Action Network.